Monday, March 17, 2008

My Saturday


We took our beehives on a retreat Saturday and had a blast, 2 leaders and 5 girls! We went hikiing early in the morning for a couple hours at Picacho Peak (on the way to Tucson) and yeah that about killed me. It's a rocky, straight up, intense hike, but I highly recommend it and would love to go again. For those of you that are lighter on your feet than I am these days, it's probably not too hard. It was a really pretty hike though, everything is so green this time of year! We hiked for a couple hours then had our ice cream reward at Dairy Queen, strategically placed right outside the park. We headed to the other leader's 1600 acre family ranch about 20 minutes away for the rest of the day. At the ranch house, we put together some gift bags for the kids going on the trek this coming up week, then went fishing at their pond. In about an hour 1/2, everybody caught about 3-4 fish each. They had so much fun because most of them had never been fishing! By the end, most of them were hooking their own worms and casting their own lines. The girls also had fun around the cattle and feeding them oranges. Then we went back to the house and learned how to shoot a 22 and took shots at some grapefruit. The girls loved that too because most of them had never shot before. We hung out, ate lunch, then packed up and left. It was such a fun day, the girls never complained and they were so much fun to be with!

3 comments:

Karin said...

What a fun activity. I wish you were one of my leaders when I was in YW's. You are so darling and full of fun! They will miss you when you sell your home and move. I bet one of the girls is praying you don't move, that's why you haven't sold!

Laura said...

This is such a good idea. You are a good leader to hang out with Beehives for a whole day! Props to you!

Brianna Avery said...

That sounds like so much fun! I hope that one day I get to be in Young Womens. I think it would be a fun calling.