Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Easter Weekend - Brother's Campout...and more

So my 5 brothers love to camp, hike and catch...well...things.
I grew up with home-caught reptiles filling the window-wells of our basement and I have good memories of hiking and camping with my family every chance we got. Not sure when it all started...but I know it was my Dad who got creative one day when my Mom needed all her kids to get out all their energy.
Ever since then it's been a part of us and those memories serve as a reminder that we knew our parent's loved being with us...no matter what we were doing.
In this case it was catching whatever moved.
I give my sister a whole lot of credit for being really good at catching and holding creatures.
Me and my mom not so much.
Well my brothers (and Dad) haven't quite grown out of this obsession, so they try and get in a "brother's campout" whenever they can. And when the out of town cousins come and visit everyone tries to hit the desert searching for whatever they can find...day hikes or night hikes you name it. In fact, we have a special wildlife blog just for keeping track of all our 'findings'.
This is what my family loves (not speaking for the in-laws).
This past Easter the brothers did an overnighter...Jay wasn't able to make it...but here are some pictures of what they found.
Pretty typical.
[this is Nathan...seriously...who likes sticking their arm down a snakehole that deep?]
[Kimball has always been known to test out every bite from anything they've ever caught]
[and the rest of these pictures are for kicks...from past hikes]
[see how my Dad can make anything exciting? and I love Arizona...but not all parts of it]
[this was a hike a couple years back...right by the Phoenix Temple sight...Kate was so little!]

No comments: