***IT'S A BOY!***
Just a warning: This is a long post! I am so far behind with my blogging, so I had to narrow all our pictures down to these. Looking at these makes my flat-on-the-couch-miserable-first-trimester-summer seem almost worth it :\ Here are a few of our moments...
This is the rattlesnake I found in the backyard when I happened to be by myself. I felt a strange urge to move and check under the lawn mower and Lo and behold our 4th RATTLESNAKE! Jay wasn't home and I called him on my cell I happened to have with me but couldn't get a hold of him. I knew this snake had to go, especially now that I had disrupted it's home-I couldn't let it get away and come back for us later. So about two feet away was a shovel- so what made all this easier was that he was coiled up sleeping on his first blow. Jay called and I answered all freaked out. I stayed on the phone with him as I finished him off, which was hard to do. The only way to completely kill these things is chopping off their heads, but the ground was so soft I couldn't get it. All this time, the disabled snake was opening his fang filled mouth and wiggling all over. So I did it - but not without alot of squealing and sweating. Poor thing didn't have a chance :) This is the only picture I had - on my phone.
On to funner times...How is it that such a small amount of chocolate frosting can go such a long way with my kids?


Here's Kate still cute and wild-haired. She is talking alot, my favorite words are, "thaw-wee" (sorry), "wwoose" (horse), "eees hawwt" (it's hot), "da-deeee", "sked" (scared), "a poo-poos", "waillle" (whale). Her latest huge craze is "sin-sess" (princess) and she occasionally likes to dress herself up.
David has matured from the busy toddler boy he was. I love it because he is easier at sacrament meeting, Walmart AND around the house.
David is my buddy during Kate's naptime, helping with little baking projects and having little quiet times to ourselves. His obsession is totally puzzles. He literally does puzzles ALL day. I also loves when he says, "bloo-blops" (flip-flops). He is so much fun to be around. 



They never want to wait their turn for dad which is usually why he is always bombarded with bodies. Here they all are, dancing with dad. 

We celebrated Jay's 31st birthday (HA) Happy birthday!
This is the extent of the entertainment in our dirt/weed filled backyard. What kid doesn't love digging in the dirt? This is with our buddies, the Lambs and their kids. We love you guys!

One of three baby lizards I found in our kitchen, and we found a few more on our backporch.
**If you have scrolled down to the bottom of this successfully without losing interest here is a little MEMORY GAME challenge for you. Saw this on Jesika's blog and thought this was a fun idea. I'd love to hear the memories we have shared together! Heres what you do: 1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! 2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty cool (and funny) to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.








5 comments:
Ashley, I remember us rollerblading together, swimming in Buffy's pool, singing in our singing group, and just always having fun together!
I loved seeing all the pictures! your family is beautiful!
Great to see pictures of you again. The little kiddies just keep growing. Now to pin down a memory... I will have to get back to you on that one, there are too many!
congrats on the boy...you lucky people that know how to even out the bunch! That is SO impressive about the snake (the lizards alone would have freaked me out). Your kids are SOOOOO darn cute!We did the same things with Kylie's hair right before Kindergarten...it has since grown back out, and I am tempted to do it again (because I thought it looked so cute) but I am scared to do it again- don't know why...but she hates for me to do it..so it tends to look scraggily all the time. And I remember going to that dress up place with you (in Gilbert) forgot what it's called, but it was so cute and fun!! You're great Ash! We miss you!!
Congratulations on your boy!
Actually Ashley
Seriously Sarah
Ashley Oksana
Sarah Svetlana
Eating shells and cheese in the firehouse
" Consider the La La La Lillies..."
Ha! We had so much fun!
That was a fun post!!! CONGRATS ON THE BOY!!! Yay!! It looks like you had a very interesting, fun, exciting, scary, chillin' summer!!
Memory?!?!? Well, my memories of you usually involve Lins. Fun Dip for Jordin...every birthday!! lol You were very athletic and could run!! I remember you sitting on my couch talking about Jay and that you wanted to marry him!! :o) Going to some dance out in Mesa and before we left, we took pictures in my living room?!?! Fun times!!!
Post a Comment