Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bling and baseball

I took Anna to get some dental work done early this morning. They had her drink some happy juice and we waited a whole half hour (longer than usual I guess) for it to finally take affect on her. It's called "conscious sedation" which takes away the anxiety or edge, so she was awake the whole procedure. So that plus the laughing gas, I think she somewhat enjoyed herself. And thank goodness, because after seeing those needles and tools they had working in her mouth I would want some of that juice, too. She got a whole silver cap on one tooth, and a couple drowsy hours and numb mouth later at home I had her check it out. She was so shocked to see it, but then got excited and started calling it her "sparkly tooth". The funny part is that a little while later, I saw that she was kind of stressed and upset. She said, "I don't like it anymore!!" This surprised me and I said, "Why? You were so excited!" And then she said, on the brink of tears, "Mommy, I look like a pirate now!" I laughed so hard, but she didn't think it was so funny. I have to mention our awesome Saturday night at the Diamondbacks game with the Chaffees (thanks guys)! We sat in the best seats--right above the dugout, close to homeplate and had lots of fun. We got a little tour around the park and into the lounge under the homeplate seats, where we saw the owner of the Diamondbacks. The game was exciting, and might I add, much MORE exciting watching it up close! Here's Jay giving you a little of our view that night...can you see Kent Dana (local TV news celebrity for you out-of-towners).Us (and Dane)

4 comments:

The Robinson Family said...

I want some of that happy juice for when I have to go to the dentist! Glad it went well for her.

Melody said...

Hey guys! It was so fun to find you! I laughed so hard about Anna saying she looks like a pirate! :D She's probably about as far away from looking like a pirate as you can get! It's good to see Jay carrying on the Olson violin tradition; that's awesome! We need to get together and watch The Office sometime, or at least just hang out and kill rattlesnakes or something. Ashley, you are my HERO!! Take care!

Jesika said...

So glad the dentist went well!! :o) Diamondbacks??!! I haven't been to a game in forever!! You and Jay look way cute and so does the guy in the background!! What a goof ball!?!? lol

Angie said...

Ashley, you have the prettiest eyes!