David's favorite things: Okay I think that boys are so funny - they don't need toys, just their imagination and a couple of random household items. Everything becomes a weapon, tool or instrument of any sort. He uses the wisk and cake cutter (I know--not the safest) as his "violin". That yellow thing, if it looks familiar to any of you, is the middle (usually attached to a white square base) that holds those colorful donut stackers. This has been everthing from a telescope, to a gun, to a guitar and it always goes with us in the car. Just a few of many things that David finds interesting around the house.
Kate's favorite things: Her dollhouse car and any sort of tiny doll or figurine to stuff in there. She wonders the house with each of these things throughout her day. I love how she never stops talking and jabbering as she plays amongst herself.
Anna's favorite things: Her "journals" and her stash of pencils, crayons, glue sticks and markers that she keeps in her HSM case. At any time of her day you will almost always find her coloring or writing a story. Her black journal is for the real stuff and the pink one is for her made-up stories. One story in her pink one, "I found a monster in my room. It was nice and it sang me a lullaby." And one story in her black one, "I like my mom cause I like when she makes good food and I like it very much" (just thought I'd throw in a positive plug about me:) OR, "Today I went swimming outside all day!"








2 comments:
cute post, Ashley! :)
Yay, you must have gotten a hold of Tanya now.
This is such a cute post...I love it. All these favorite things are priceless, but hard to remember to tell them when they are older. Good job documenting it with pictures and all!
By the way, we should do a triathlon together. I'm game and I'm sure you'd be great at it.
Post a Comment