Monday, May 5, 2008

Father and Sons weekend

I was excited for this weekend to come so that I could spend some time with the girls and David and Jay could finally go on their 2nd annual F&S together. David was coming down with a cold so he had a little bit of a rough time up there. Some of the hikiing and bug catching that was planned had to be postponed. He did sleep good all night for Jay, but had a hard time going to sleep and cried I guess. They still had some fun times yet they were both happy to get home! So on to the girl stuff...we left Friday morning (same time as the boys) and hung out all day, mostly at the mall and running some errands. I have to say it was nice having just the two that are easy for that kind of stuff right now...sorry David but it's just the truth. Anna had fun getting some things at Claires and picking out a new shirt. We rode the new double decker carousel and ate Anna's absolute favorite- Panda. She could eat noodles and mandarin chicken all day! After our long day we got home, ate dinner, painted nails, did hair, and then took turns putting little girl makeup on each other (scary picture of me by the way). Then we pigged out on ice cream and watched Hairspray. It was the only movie I could think of that we hadn't seen yet, and I was kinda dissapointed. Truthfully, I was so tired of all the dancing, singing and butt grabbing by the end. I usually love stuff like this (the singing not the grabbing), but it all got really annoying
<----just like this picture uuuhh. Why all the hype?

Anna liked it , but it wasn't totally captiving to her. She was just excited because Prince edward and Troy were in it. The next morning we went to breakfast and got Anna's haircut. All in all it was a really fun weekend!
Of course she found the pink horse!
Kate wasn't sure about it...
We took a 15 minute break at this massage chair. Aaah..so nice.

6 comments:

The Robinson Family said...

Sounds like you had a fun time. I love the pictures from the photo booth. So where is the so called scary picture of you with you make up on. You need to post it:) It is amazing how much Anna looks like you!

Cheramie said...

so fun, you know how to party while the men are away! hairspray was a big let down for me too.

Laura said...

Our Fathers and Sons is next weekend. I look forward to it every year! Cute pictures!!!

kristi said...

You are the funnest mom!!!!

Lanae said...

How fun Ashley! You're such a cute mom!

Jesika said...

Love the girl time!! Baylee, Mylie and I had some girl time this past weekend! So fun!