Tuesday, April 22, 2008

frosty and a baked potato

I think the Office just gets funnier and funnier. We love our Thursday nights because we just crack up for a full 1/2 hour, and then we watch that same one at least every night before the next episode. We're hooked. And now I am craving a frosty -my favorite. So last weekend was a crazy one - my brother Thayne and his wife Lanae came and visited from Utah with their 4 little boys. We made the trek to Surprise and stayed the night with my brother Bryan's family so we could be at the two get togethers at my other brother, Jordan's house (in Buckeye) on Sat and Sun. My Dad and Mom now have 21 grandchildren (and 2 on the way) between the seven of us and i'm sure even more to come. The get togethers are already chaos and madness but the cousins all get along awesome and have so much fun together. There are 11 boys and 10 girls ages 4 months to 12 years. The year David was born was a baby boom - six babies in 9 months! I have 3 brothers on the west west side, 1 brother in Utah, 1 bro in South Carolina, and a sister in Mesa. As for Jay's side, his 2 brothers and 1 sister all live in Mesa/Gilbert. There are 12 grandkids-6 boys and 6 girls ages 5 days to 12 yrs. I am so grateful my kids have all these fun cousins and that they can all live pretty close. It's always a party!
At a cousin's baptism last weekend...

All but 2 of the grandkids with Papa and Mommer...

At Jordan's house, they swam one day and the other day it was even funner on the dry waterslide!







This is the ballfight. My family tends to get into a LOT of ballfights, marshmallow fights, waterfights...






Thayne came and stayed a couple days at my house. Anna and David had a blast with all these boys and they loved the attention!





One of the nights we had a yummy bbq, a campfire and smores. The kids loved it!






We also swam in our lovely swimming pool. And there's David-always fearless.

5 comments:

nancy said...

Ashley,
Your children are adorable. I'm reading your blog from Angela's. Tell your Mom and Dad Hi from the St. George Judds. You are all such a amazing family.

Love to you,
Nancy Angela's Mom

Cheramie said...

hey ashley!
thanks for saying hi, your kids are soo cute! i can't believe you have 3! i love huge family get-togethers, it looks like fun! i'm adding you to my links, hope that's ok!

Jami said...

I can't believe how many grandkids are in your family now... I mean I'm sure if I did the math I totally could, but that's a lot. My parents want 20 and that's not happening so after the next couple are born, can we borrow some for our count? HA HA.

And are you part of the next two on the way? Is this our subtle hint? I'm only teasing because after having the stomach bug, I've been teased quite a bit. (Funny though) Just thought I'd pass the fun along. HA HA :0)

Bryan said...

Looks like a lot of fun!
Sorry we missed it.
Too bad our boys need an education.
PS. I love the Cars!!!

ashley said...

Jami-little do my parents know their grandkid population will DOUBLE thanks to us. HA thats really funny