Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Kate!


Okay, so I tried not to get so sentimental but man, I'm getting teary as I'm searching back through all our old pictures.
When did they all grow up?

Please tell me. I don't know when it happened. I really miss those 3 chubby-cheeked kids.

On the other hand, now I still have 1 chubby-cheeked kid around that I baby way too much and 3 growing kids that take care of themselves pretty well. Those months after Kate was born were overwhelming...Anna was 3 1/2 and David was 18 months. Life 4 years later isn't much different though. Still hard & overwhelming. Just used to the noise and craziness. Or maybe my brain has slowly fried over the years? But seriously I wish I could freeze time just sometimes.

I count my blessings each day that I am a Mom. Every night, as I lay in bed (oooh the aching feet!),
their faces don't stop running through my mind.

I think about all the funny things they said that day, the tantrums they threw, the new things they learned and the endless messes they made. I talk Jay to sleep every night just talking about them.

Anyways, Happy Birthday to Kate. To me, her birth began my years as an experienced and overworked mom. Un-organized and exhausted. Kate is still the smiley, happy and bouncy part of my days that she always has been. And my absolute favorite thing about her:

She does a mean Robot Dance.


*video will come*


4 comments:

Angie said...

Yes, I do think the 3rd child made me unorganized and exhausted as well. :) It's so good to catch up on your blog and family! Kate is a beauty! You are a great mom Ashley!

Cara said...

Cute kids, sweet kids, cute mom, I like reading this post.

Cara said...

Cute kids, sweet kids, cute mom, I like reading this post.

Marilee said...

Kate, Wow, four years old!! You're getting as big as David. Is'nt it going to be fun to be four? What fun can you have before you turn five?

Kate, your papa love you special. I wish I could hug you big! Your smile, your beautiful eyes and hair, especially your mouth and big smile make me want to be close to you. You can make the whole world happy, Kate, if you smile and laugh, even when you don't feel like it. A smile kind of makes everything better.

Heavely Father loves you, a whole bunch. Give Blake a hug for me.

Papa