Friday, June 6, 2008

Random things we love

Lately I've had this unonscious mental list of "products" or things (mostly mom-related) that have me saying, "oooh...I love this stuff" or, "what would I do without this?". Anyways I thought it would be fun to put some down. The list could go on and on, but this is just the really condensed version of very random things (not really in order of importance):

1. double strollers - seriously I wouldn't go ANYWHERE without mine.
2. Mr. Clean magic eraser - has saved me many times. What else could get out crayon or permanent marker so easily?
Here is what it amazingly didn't save - our pantry door from black dry erase marker.
3. Get magic in a bottle with Mr. Clean Multi-Surfaces Liquid Cleaners - My little crush on Mr. Clean has led me to my favorite smell ever...his lavender scented cleaner! I am bugged by a smelly house (believe me we have strange smells sometimes) and this always knocks those smells out.
4. BOUNTY paper towels - Tried others and they are even pointless to buy because they just fall apart and you can't even reuse them.
5. Huggies - these things can hold back the Colorado.
6. Walmart - not really a product but my one stop shop where I get them all cheap.
7. High chair that attaches to a kitchen chair - takes up no space compared to the traditional high chair.
8. This handy little broom and pan set - used a lot throughout my day.
9. Johnson's baby wash - no tears and they all smell so good!
10. Radio Flyer steering/pushing trike - Kate loves this free ride and it's so easy for us to steer!
11. Any quiet show - like Blues Clues. I appreciate this because I start to get tired of the shows where the characters are annoying and constantly talking soooo loud :D12. Children's Tylenol multi symptom cold - absolutely got us through this past winter and my kids love the grape flavor.
13. Silky baby blankets - Kate can't live without her pink one.
14. Fruit snacks - who am I fooling they're more like candy but the kids love them. They turn their poop weird colors sometimes though...
15. Llama Llama Red Pajama - my kids favorite book before bed.
16. PLAYTEX sippy cups - can't live without and they DON'T leak!
17. Stouffer's lasagne - easy and everybody will eat it.
18. Otter pops - we've already gone through a handful of boxes and it's barely summer! Jay loves these as much as the kids. I love that I can enjoy the very same Alexander the Grape flavor that I did decades ago. And who doesn't love to roll up the empty plastic and pretend they're noise makers?

7 comments:

Cheramie said...

i love hearing of what works for other people. i agree with your favorites, like huggies-tired them all but nothing can beat huggies, and magic erasers-what is in those things? i have got to try mr. cleans lavender scented cleaner, thanks for the suggestions!

Marilee said...

I love this!!! That is so cool. You did great--we laughed and chuckled. How fun to have all these things--remember I was a pioneer and didn't have Huggies or Mr Clean that really works--- I loved your list. You should be a commercial for all this stuff--you could sell it all to anyone!!!
love you MOM

Jesika said...

Love your TOP 18!! I'll have to give some of them a try!

Karin said...

What were you doing up at 1am?
Love the post! I am sorry about your door and tile...did anything work? I am working on a post of "the funny things I have found living in AZ"

Tiffany said...

I love all your fun things! And can I say how DANG cute your kids are! You have got to have them in magazines or something!! Anyway- I love stalking your blog- but I don't think I ever left a comment- so there you go!! We miss you over here! Tiffany

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

Love your Favorites List. I haven't seen you in the LONGEST TIME. lets play this summer sometime. Miss Ya

Marilee said...

I am still laughing about this list!! LOVE MOM